Friday, July 9, 2010

How Duessa Got Her Groove Back

Or something like that.

I've been in a bit of a funk lately. My new meds make me super neurotic and I've been so fatigued...well, my art was becoming stiff and boring and I just didn't want to show it to anyone.

So I started looking through my sketchbooks to figure out what was going on. And I figured it out. I've been straying away from the comic-esque, cartoon-inspired, exaggerated style that made me want to start drawing in the first place. I was getting to bogged down in making sure the eyes weren't too big or the drawing wasn't too anime or Disney or a hundred other things that don't matter. What does matter is my artwork making me happy.

So with that in mind, I drew a picture for a guildie. And I actually like it. So much so, that I actually drew quite a few more.

Yay!

1 comment:

  1. You do wonderful work and you're right what really counts is that it makes you happy. Take it from another Cajun few people find what makes them happy. Fewer still let themselves enjoy it.
    Look forward to see what else you post.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete